Thursday, September 18, 2008

A good day

Today's been a good day. I didn't go to work. (Already sounds like a lot of fun, right? That's what I thought!) Anyway, so I woke late, went upstairs and spent time with N. While most will chat up over a cup of coffee and the newspaper, we chatted up over common friend's Facebook profiles!

Did a lot of miscellaneous things over the day and then in the evening, I set out for a jog. It felt good to be out! I love running and I love working out. I wonder why I ever stopped. And then, as I was running, it started to rain really heavily. So, I waited under a tree. 

It was interesting to stand on the road and just wait. I can't remember the last time I'd waited and watched the rain. That's when, a kid ran by, skipping and thoroughly enjoying himself. That inspired me, and as soon as the rain started to subside, I ran most of the way back home. It felt great! 

Most importantly, it reminded me of how much I loved to run. Going forward, I'm not going to have it any other way. I love running, and I love my neighborhood. So, without any further excuses, I'm going to Just do it! 

No comments: