Monday, September 15, 2008

<|<| and |>

Sunday - September 14, 2008

Once again, early day. But, not as early as the previous day. 

Made my way back to the big city, before the Ganesh Visarjans began. Made it in pretty good time. Got some sleep on the ride back. Spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening with Supriya and then the rest of the evening with Anumeha first, and later with Anuradha, Arlene and Andrew. 

It was a fun evening. But something inside of me was very disconnected. I didn't feel like I belonged. Something was nagging me. Still not able to figure what it was about. 

I'd spent my entire weekend with some of the women that I loved the most in the world - some of my best friends. Then, why was I feeling this way?

One of them is in a relationship for the first time, another is in a real relationship (yes, there are things such as non-real relationships) for the first time, and then another is on the brink of one. And there I was - 3 years steady and still sailing. 

Suddenly, I felt stuck. Stuck in a rut. I am 23, soon to be 24. Am I supposed to think of this as being tied down or as something steady that I can lean on. As much as I want to think the latter way, I feel tied down. S is a great guy. It isn't him. It's me. No, really, It's me. 

I've always needed constant change. This is my theory to it - all my life, something big has always changed every three years, roughly. And, I think I've gotten used to it now. It's in my DNA. Three years of constant has just wooshed by. Could it be that same feeling again? 

* panic * panic * panic *

Saturday - September 13, 2008

It started early. Very early! 

I took an early morning bus to Pune. Spent the entire day with Aakanksha. We made no plans, but it turned out to be one of the best days of my grown up life. 

So, what did we do?

We got startefd with some some food at Vaishali of the Vaishali-Rupali fame. 

Then booked an evening show and headed off to a parlor to get pampered. We dared each other to paint our toes in strange colors. Crazy! But, felt good! Best part - parlors in Pune are the cheapest I've ever been to. Ever! 


Then we went to watch Mamma Mia!! Was a fun movie.. It was an ABBA equivalent of Across-the-Universe. I'm not a huge Abba fan, but loved it anyway. I realize that I'm a sucker for musicals!

We were on our way out, when we saw that Jazz was having a night of live retro music. Instinctively, the both of us just took the right, and walked into the empty bar. Made total sense for us to do that, given the musical mood we were in. It's another story all together, that the band turned out to suck. They played bollywood masala music and tried to pull that off as classic rock. Haha... Really! 

We laughed at first, and then continued to chat on about our Coffee? and Movenpik days, while enjoying our pitcher of half-decent sangria. Felt comfortingly familiar.

Too much wine and too much song, wonder how we got along? 

;-) 

{hugs!} 

Friday - September 12, 2008

Good day. Long day!

Lots of chaos and uncertainty, but all's well that ends well, right? All did end well - the agency night went off well and everyone played their part to exceed expectations. So, I was happy :)


No comments: