Friday, October 10, 2008

24

I turned 24 yesterday. I've decided that, every year, I'm going to make one list of all things I loved about the year that went by, and one more for what I'd like to do in the year to come. So, here's to that thought!

23 things I loved about last year*:

01- I spent a lot of time with the Bombay girls. (I need to learn to start calling that place Mumbai.)
02- I found good friends in a lot of people who were earlier just friends. 
03- My job. I've actually enjoyed working on new and challenging tasks this year. 
04- All the traveling! It's been hectic & exciting on the work front, but it's been great on the personal front. 
05- Naagu and Amrith got married. After being apart for all the time that they were together. And, I was there to witness it! 
06- Marloes & Martijn got married. After being together for 8 years. And, I was there to witness it!
07- Vaish and Shakil decided to get married. Next year when I make this list, I hope to say 'NS & Shakil got married.'
08- I started working out more regularly. There is definite space for improvement here, but it's a start nevertheless. 
09- I've spent more time with my Grandma. I'd like to spend more time with her in the next year. 
10- Nandu moved in to the flat upstairs. She has some horrid night shifts, but weekends are fun with her around. 
11- Little Pree got to go to Dublin. 
12- I got promoted and got a salary 'bump.' 
13- I stood up for myself and for what was the right thing to do
14- I loved my one-day long Pune trip. Had a fabulous time with Aku! 
15- I learnt the 'hangover' lesson the hard way, and suffered the worst kind of it. Highly doubt I'll be doing 40 odd shots in one night, again! 
16- I fell in love with my iPod. Now, I just can't imagine a life without it. 
17- The little sister went to represent India at the youth world championships in Aarhus. It was tough for her to get there, and tougher for her to last out. But, she fought the odds and performed. I am so proud of her! 
18- I went back to Kodai with my family. Had a great few days, over the New Year celebrations. 
19- India won the first ever individual olympic gold medal. 
20- Appa's decided to retire. He's had a long and exhausting career. It's an early decision, but it's time. And, I'm glad for him. 
21- I was lucky to hear Abdul Kalam live - an experience I'll never forget!
22- I've started to cook & try out new and different things - jello shots, sangria & pancakes!
23- I started blogging. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed writing, until I started again. 

24 things I want to do this year*:

01- Start calling Bombay, Mumbai. 
02- Prioritize everything in life, and get around to tackling it all, one by one. 
03- I want to go bunjee jumping or white water rafting. I think I'd prefer the latter! 
04- I want to go to Jodhpur. 
05- I want to go back to studying, and get myself a degree so I can call myself educated. 
06- I want to be able to drive a car on a road with traffic. Driving on an empty road doesn't count!
07- I want to start up a cooking blog of my own. Not to compete with Naagu's. But, simply to put down some fun recipes for later use. 
08- I want to be more transparent about the way I feel. Sometimes, to be politically correct, I pretend to feel one way, while I'm completely feeling the other way. 
09- I would like to buy more clothes in white and red, and less in black. 
10- I want to learn to forgive. I know I can forget easily. But, I need to learn to forgive, before I forget. 
11- I want to learn to make Baby Guinness, and Bailey's Coffee
12- I want to learn to keep in better touch with friends. 
13- I want to get myself a funky new haircut! 
14- I want to go to Bhutan. 
15- I also want to go to Egypt. (Where I'll get the money from, I don't know!)
16- I want to learn how to be smart about my money. 
17- I want to start taking artistic yoga classes. I've heard so much about it, I need to know what it is about. Won't hurt if it helps me loose some weight along the way! 
18- I want to work things out with friends that I've lost along the way. Life's too short to let fabulous people go by. 
19- If I don't like something, I don't want to have to hate the person for doing it or being that way. I want to be able to hate the action, not the person. 
20- I want to be a better listener. When a friend or the voice inside has something to say, I need to listen. 
21- I want to spend more time with my sister, before she grows up. She's already turning 18 this year!
22- I want to be able to dance, without embarrassing myself.
23- I want to learn to be a better judge of people. 
24- I want to turn 25 with a big bang, and no regrets! 

*The lists  are in no particular order. 

3 comments:

amna said...

:) good luck with all of them and let me know if you need any help at all(though I know you are absolutely capable of rocking at it all without any help!)

Vaishali Sabhahit said...

I am soooo proud of you, baby! Love you soooo much.

Let's do number 3 together! They have white water rafting in Dandeli. Lots of other things to do. Let's let's let's. :)

PS: I also hope that by the next year round, you can say got married. :P

Did I say I love you?

Anonymous said...

I want you to learn to make Baby Guiness and Bailey's too.. before I decide to kill myself or move out of hyderabad!