Monday, November 3, 2008

From The Heart

Ringo hasn't been well. And now it's gotten worse. He's suffering from a condition called Sub Aortic Stenosis. Apparently, it is very common in his breed. The last one day has probably been his hardest, and there was nothing that I can do. His liver, stomach and lungs are retaining huge amounts of water and that's making it hard for him to breathe, sit or even open his eyes. He is struggling to get from minute to minute. 

 I don't pray much, but suddenly I feel the need to. 

I pray that he'll be fine and will run again. 
I pray that he'll yearn for the weekly vanilla ice cream the way he used to. 
I pray that he'll run to the door everytime he knows someone's back home.
I pray that he'll jump back on to the bed in the middle of the night, to snuggle between the sisters. 
I pray that he'll run down the driveway and into the lift after his regular walk, the way he used to. 
I pray that he'll live his full life, so I can repay him for everything that he's taught me. 
Most of all, I pray that he doesn't suffer, because he deserves none of it. 

No comments: